Hire Me Direct

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Enemy
By J.Camp

The brother is crazy
His wife, chased by gangs
Who viciously adjust
The rabbit ears on the T.V.
Rat poop fallen from attic door
Proof a break-in has occurred
The brother and wife
Are fabricating truths
Crazy brother's brother
Is the one I am with
He trembles at his keyboard
What to say, he is lost
Falsely accused of a crime
By this delusional duo
Private investigator is calling
Harassing with threats
The L.A.P.D. is going to call
Idle threats of a drunk in
An Atascadero motel
It's all too much
I see his hand quiver
Over the mouse
What do you think
This means? He asks so
I tell him that I
Dreamed last night
I'm in the yard but
I know I am asleep
I can feel the rain
Fluid air passing through
Me, it's atoms, my atoms
We're all the same and
I check on the elder
I peak through her windows
I see her sleeping
In her ancient bed, is
It a surprise upon
Waking that she saw me
At her door, in my hat
Without a body and
Remembering this I grab
His shoulder and at once
I am crying, I feel
All of the abuse, the pain
That ripples up, it engulfs
Me, I swallow, I choke and
I sob for him because
His being cannot, still
I go deeper, I slide
Down his essence, falling while
Twisting on the lighted
Pole into his guts and
I see the rage, coiled
Caged viper, flying and
Roaring at me but
I'm not crazy brother yet
In the rush of anger,
He believes that I am, here's
All the hate, betrayal,
I am clothed in his pain
Dressed now, as such
I am the enemy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home